SYFOVRE can cause serious side effects:
- Eye infection (endophthalmitis) or separation of layers of the retina (retinal detachment)
- Call your healthcare provider right away if you have eye redness, light sensitivity, eye pain, or any change in vision including blurred, wavy/distorted vision, small specks floating in your vision, or flashing lights
- Severe inflammation of vessels in the retina which may result in severe vision loss. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have eye redness, light sensitivity, eye pain, or any change in vision including blurred, wavy/distorted vision, or flashing lights
- Risk of developing wet AMD. You should be monitored for signs of wet AMD and you should report if you have any change in vision including blurred, wavy/distorted vision, black spots, or loss of central vision to your healthcare provider
- Episodes of eye inflammation. You should report any symptoms including eye redness, light sensitivity, eye pain, small specks floating in your vision, or any changes in vision to your healthcare provider
- Increase in eye pressure within minutes of the injection. Your healthcare provider will monitor this after each injection
Before receiving SYFOVRE:
- Tell your healthcare provider if any of the following applies to you:
- If you have a history of seeing flashes of light or small specks floating in your vision and notice a sudden increase of size and number of these specks
- If you have high pressure in the eye or glaucoma
- Tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including
- If you are, or think you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
What should I avoid while receiving SYFOVRE?
- After an injection or an eye exam, your eyesight may temporarily be impaired. Do not drive or use machinery until your vision recovers
What are the most common side effects of SYFOVRE?
- Eye discomfort
- Wet age-related macular degeneration
- Small specks floating in vision
- Blood in the white of the eye
These are not all the possible side effects of SYFOVRE. Tell your healthcare provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
What is SYFOVRE?
SYFOVRE is a prescription eye injection, used to treat GA, the dry advanced form of AMD.
Please see full Prescribing Information for more information.